KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Fire crews were on scene of at a fire in Kingsport Sunday afternoon.
We've learned the fire broke out around 2 o'clock on Fairview Avenue.
It started on the second level. The 3 people who live there were home at the time, but everyone got out okay.
We spoke with Captain Robert Brown with the Kingsport Fire Department who says, "a small electrical short caused a fire upstairs. We got on scene really quickly and were able to find it. We did have to cut a hole in the roof, put it out. Put some extension, but all in all we kept the damage on the upper floor."
We're told the first level is still livable, so the family does have a place to stay.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City