KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local corporation has been selected for one of the highest awards in the country.
Eastman Chemical Company is receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award. The award is the U.S. Department of Defense's highest recognition given to employers for exceptional support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
News 5 has learned out of nearly 3,000 nominations, 15 employers were selected for the honor.
Eastman will receive the award at a ceremony in Washington, DC in September.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane