KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local corporation has been selected for one of the highest awards in the country.
Eastman Chemical Company is receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award. The award is the U.S. Department of Defense's highest recognition given to employers for exceptional support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
News 5 has learned out of nearly 3,000 nominations, 15 employers were selected for the honor.
Eastman will receive the award at a ceremony in Washington, DC in September.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims