KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local corporation has been selected for one of the highest awards in the country.
Eastman Chemical Company is receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award. The award is the U.S. Department of Defense's highest recognition given to employers for exceptional support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
News 5 has learned out of nearly 3,000 nominations, 15 employers were selected for the honor.
Eastman will receive the award at a ceremony in Washington, DC in September.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day