KINGSPORT, Tenn. - There is a local development on the chemical spill in West Virginia that left hundreds of thousands of people unable to use their water.
We researched court documents showing Kingsport-based Eastman Chemical Company faces a civil lawsuit.
The complaint, filled in U.S. District Court in the southern district of West Virginia, is suing Eastman, Freedom Industries, West Virginia American Water Corporation, and Gary Southern.
Four companies and five residents say the chemical spill threatened their health and livelihood. They're accusing Eastman and other defendants of negligence and strict liability.
We called representatives for Eastman, who say their policy is to not comment on pending litigation.
We are working to bring you more facts on this story. We'll have the latest information online and coming up on News 5 at 5:00.
- New Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version