KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Four companies in Tennessee are getting high marks for their work in protecting the environment.
The winners are Eastman Chemical Company in Kingsport, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, Nissan North America, in Franklin and the Tennessee Valley Authority headquartered in Knoxville.
The Environmental Protection Agency and the energy department recognized the group with the 2014 Energy Star award. The award goes to groups that help protect the environment through energy efficiency.
According to the EPA, nearly 130 organizations across the country are being honored with Energy Star awards.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire