KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Four companies in Tennessee are getting high marks for their work in protecting the environment.
The winners are Eastman Chemical Company in Kingsport, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, Nissan North America, in Franklin and the Tennessee Valley Authority headquartered in Knoxville.
The Environmental Protection Agency and the energy department recognized the group with the 2014 Energy Star award. The award goes to groups that help protect the environment through energy efficiency.
According to the EPA, nearly 130 organizations across the country are being honored with Energy Star awards.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations