KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have an update on a story we received several emails about Thursday night.
Eastman Chemical Company has released a statement saying around 10:40 Thursday night they experienced what they are calling a "steam release" at the Kingsport location.
Eastman officials also wanted to clarify a picture circulating through social media of what appears to be a fire at the Kingsport site. They tell us the image is actually of the Austin, Texas plant.
Officials went onto confirm for News 5 there was not a fire or explosion at the Kingsport site.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million