KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have an update on a story we received several emails about Thursday night.
Eastman Chemical Company has released a statement saying around 10:40 Thursday night they experienced what they are calling a "steam release" at the Kingsport location.
Eastman officials also wanted to clarify a picture circulating through social media of what appears to be a fire at the Kingsport site. They tell us the image is actually of the Austin, Texas plant.
Officials went onto confirm for News 5 there was not a fire or explosion at the Kingsport site.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave