KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Eastman Chemical Company held their Regional Leaders Breakfast at MeadowView Conference Resort and Convention Center in Kingsport on Wednesday morning.
CEO Mark Costa took over in January. He said Eastman has several projects in the works. Construction should begin on a new Corporate Business Center in a few weeks.
The company will also convert a boiler to gas during the month of March and renovate buildings to increase capacity.
"We've had fur years of record earnings growth year over year. 2014 will be the 5th year in a row and 2015 and 2016 beyond us, so we are in a great position to keep growing", Costa told News 5.
Costa said Eastman created 900 new jobs worldwide over the last year.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.