A man is dead and charges are pending after two cars collide on East Stone Drive in Kingsport.
Around 5 o'clock Saturday morning, officers say a 2006 Honda Accord was traveling on the wrong side of the road when it hit a 2007 Kia Spectra. The driver of the Kia, Bobby D. Jarrett, was killed in the collision. The driver of the other can and his passenger were taken to the Holston Valley Medical Center. No word on their conditions.
Alcohol and speed are believed to be factors in this collision. Charges are pending.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31