A man is dead and charges are pending after two cars collide on East Stone Drive in Kingsport.
Around 5 o'clock Saturday morning, officers say a 2006 Honda Accord was traveling on the wrong side of the road when it hit a 2007 Kia Spectra. The driver of the Kia, Bobby D. Jarrett, was killed in the collision. The driver of the other can and his passenger were taken to the Holston Valley Medical Center. No word on their conditions.
Alcohol and speed are believed to be factors in this collision. Charges are pending.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport