A man is dead and charges are pending after two cars collide on East Stone Drive in Kingsport.
Around 5 o'clock Saturday morning, officers say a 2006 Honda Accord was traveling on the wrong side of the road when it hit a 2007 Kia Spectra. The driver of the Kia, Bobby D. Jarrett, was killed in the collision. The driver of the other can and his passenger were taken to the Holston Valley Medical Center. No word on their conditions.
Alcohol and speed are believed to be factors in this collision. Charges are pending.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting