KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Some patients and their families at the Holston Valley Medical Center had special four-legged visitors Friday.
Therapy dogs dressed in red went to meet with patients and try to add a smile to their day. The dogs were dressed in red for the 'Live Red For Your Heart' movement to raise awareness about heart disease, the number one killer of women.
The patients tell us having the dogs visit helps lift their spirits. "Holding him, and him giving me kisses on my cheek, and everything is making me very happy. It made my day," says patients Diane Powers.
The hospital has a roster of two dozen therapy dogs who visit patients several times a week.
All the dogs and trainers have gone through training and certification.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- New Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman