KINGSPORT, Tenn. - They call him Lucky.
And for good reason. Lucky is a special needs dog from Egypt.
News 5 learned that Lucky's back legs were severely injured and had to be amputated.
The Special Needs Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation helped rescue Lucky and has him on the way to his foster family in Kansas.
Lucky flew from Egypt to New York City and passed through Kingsport Saturday en route to Knoxville and points west. S.N.A.R.R expects to finish the transport this weekend.
Susan Bunn, who is driving Lucky to Knoxville told News 5 the pup has been fitted for a doggy wheelchair, which he will get once in Kansas.
You can find more information about Lucky by clicking here.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson