KINGSPORT, Tenn. - They call him Lucky.
And for good reason. Lucky is a special needs dog from Egypt.
News 5 learned that Lucky's back legs were severely injured and had to be amputated.
The Special Needs Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation helped rescue Lucky and has him on the way to his foster family in Kansas.
Lucky flew from Egypt to New York City and passed through Kingsport Saturday en route to Knoxville and points west. S.N.A.R.R expects to finish the transport this weekend.
Susan Bunn, who is driving Lucky to Knoxville told News 5 the pup has been fitted for a doggy wheelchair, which he will get once in Kansas.
You can find more information about Lucky by clicking here.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day