KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two people have been charged with leaving a dog in a hot car.
According to the incident report from the Kingsport Police Department, Amber Fenton and Jessie Evans are charged with animal cruelty. The report says the dog was found unconscious Wednesday at the Kingsport town center.
The dog's owner said the dog had been in the car for about 30 minutes. Police say the temperature outside was 77 degrees.
One of windows was partially rolled down.
The dog was treated for dehydration at a pet hospital and will be recover.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash