KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two people have been charged with leaving a dog in a hot car.
According to the incident report from the Kingsport Police Department, Amber Fenton and Jessie Evans are charged with animal cruelty. The report says the dog was found unconscious Wednesday at the Kingsport town center.
The dog's owner said the dog had been in the car for about 30 minutes. Police say the temperature outside was 77 degrees.
One of windows was partially rolled down.
The dog was treated for dehydration at a pet hospital and will be recover.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport