KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two people have been charged with leaving a dog in a hot car.
According to the incident report from the Kingsport Police Department, Amber Fenton and Jessie Evans are charged with animal cruelty. The report says the dog was found unconscious Wednesday at the Kingsport town center.
The dog's owner said the dog had been in the car for about 30 minutes. Police say the temperature outside was 77 degrees.
One of windows was partially rolled down.
The dog was treated for dehydration at a pet hospital and will be recover.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- New Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge