KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The J. Fred Johnson stadium at Dobyns Bennett High School in Kingsport is getting a makeover.
It's a $4.2 million project which city officials say will renovate restrooms and concession stands, as well as add more than a thousand seats for fans.
Administrative Coordinator Andy True told News 5 the renovations will benefit everyone in the community. "It's not just the fact that it's [for] football games, there are so many other ways we can and do use the stadium to give us the flexibility to be a community venue for things like concerts and FunFest," said True.
True said they expect to have some of the renovations done by this fall.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record