The Dobyns-Bennett High School Marching Band took part in the 125th Rose Parade on New Year's Day.
Band director Lafe Cook says about 360 students, along with hundreds of parents, made the journey across the country to Pasadena, California.
Along with the DB Band, a Kingsport family is in Pasadena taking part in the parade to honor their son, Dobyns-Bennett alumnus Adam Lively.
Lively was a senior at ETSU 16 years ago when he was killed in a car crash. His organs were donated; a picture of Adam was on the Donate Life float in the Rose Parade.
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University