The Dobyns-Bennett High School Marching Band took part in the 125th Rose Parade on New Year's Day.
Band director Lafe Cook says about 360 students, along with hundreds of parents, made the journey across the country to Pasadena, California.
Along with the DB Band, a Kingsport family is in Pasadena taking part in the parade to honor their son, Dobyns-Bennett alumnus Adam Lively.
Lively was a senior at ETSU 16 years ago when he was killed in a car crash. His organs were donated; a picture of Adam was on the Donate Life float in the Rose Parade.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport