KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Platinum-selling country group Diamond Rio will a headline the Racks by the Tracks festival in downtown Kingsport this May.
The six-time vocal group of the year will take the stage on May 18 as part of the one-day beer, barbeque, and music festival.
Racks by the Tracks officials announced they will also be expanding craft beer tasting to include 80 percent of all beers that have never been featured in Tri-Cities beer tasting. Also, for the first time the festival is hosting a gravity beer tasting section, and 30 restaurants will be vying for the title of "best ribs in the Tri-Cities".
Officials tell us this year's expansion comes after six years of monumental growth.
"We just keep waiting for it to maybe not grow but it just every year it's 2,000 people more year after year, after year," said James Phillips, co-owner of Racks by the Tracks.
For information on tickets and other events happening during the festival, visit their website.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day