Officers are investigating what they are calling a "shooting incident" on Dale Street.
It was first called into police around 10:30 Monday night.
Details are scarce into the investigation right now.
We do know Holston Valley Medical Center is taking extra precautions because of the shooting. Spokesman Jim Wozniak tells Callan Gray nothing inside the hospital is warranting the extra safety measures and the hospital is not in a lockdown mode.
We are waiting for more information and will bring it to you as soon as it is made available by Kingsport Police.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome