KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The deadline is inching closer to find Kingsport's next city manager.
We're told about 30 people have applied so far. Current city manager John Campbell will be retiring as of July 1.
He tells us he is an active part of finding his successor. "It's important to note that this is one of the most important things a board of any local government will do. In this particular case, of course, I'm available to give advice or answer questions, if they want," he said.
The deadline to apply is March 7.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal