KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The deadline is inching closer to find Kingsport's next city manager.
We're told about 30 people have applied so far. Current city manager John Campbell will be retiring as of July 1.
He tells us he is an active part of finding his successor. "It's important to note that this is one of the most important things a board of any local government will do. In this particular case, of course, I'm available to give advice or answer questions, if they want," he said.
The deadline to apply is March 7.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting