KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The deadline is inching closer to find Kingsport's next city manager.
We're told about 30 people have applied so far. Current city manager John Campbell will be retiring as of July 1.
He tells us he is an active part of finding his successor. "It's important to note that this is one of the most important things a board of any local government will do. In this particular case, of course, I'm available to give advice or answer questions, if they want," he said.
The deadline to apply is March 7.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash