KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The deadline is inching closer to find Kingsport's next city manager.
We're told about 30 people have applied so far. Current city manager John Campbell will be retiring as of July 1.
He tells us he is an active part of finding his successor. "It's important to note that this is one of the most important things a board of any local government will do. In this particular case, of course, I'm available to give advice or answer questions, if they want," he said.
The deadline to apply is March 7.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation