KINGSPORT, Tn. - There was some old-fashioned holiday cheer in Kingsport on Saturday.
The Exchange Place Living History Farm held "Christmas in the Country, "where visitors could experience 19th century Christmas traditions.
The all day event had local vendors, hands-on activities and hot cider.
The day ended with a traditional Yule Log ceremony.
"They felt it gave them good luck for the incoming year and protected them from their houses burning down and things like that," said event chairman Neil Smith about the Yule Log ceremony.
Organizers said about 300 people came to the event, less than last year, but they say it was still a good turnout considering the weather.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon