KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A country legend is coming to the Tri-Cities this spring.
Joe Diffie will headline the very popular Racks by the Tracks event in Kingsport. Diffie sings the hit songs "Pickup Man" and "John Deere Green."
More than 10,000 people pack into Downtown Kingsport each year to enjoy barbeque, beer and music.
Event co-owner James Phillips said his group has outdone previous efforts. "The lineup overall, from top to bottom, is just stellar. I have to say my partner Kanishka has worked his tail off getting that lineup. We try to one up ourselves each year, and it looks like I think we've done that this year with the beer, the barbecue and the music," said Phillips.
The seventh Racks by the Tracks will be held Saturday, May 17. Tickets are on sale now.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport