KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Many people have a favorite when it comes to Girl Scout cookies. No matter what your favorite cookie, most likely, you could find an interesting version of it at a Kingsport event Thursday night.
The Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians held a Cookie Creation event.
WCYB morning anchor Preston Ayres emceed the event, where chefs from restaurants in our region put a new spin on your old favorites. Each delectable dish featured at least one type of Girl Scout cookie.
There were two winners in Thursday's event. In the sweet category, Barberitos took the prize with a Samoa-based quesadilla. In the savory category, Stir Fry Cafe featured a sushi based on the Dolce de Leche cookie.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin