KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Many people have a favorite when it comes to Girl Scout cookies. No matter what your favorite cookie, most likely, you could find an interesting version of it at a Kingsport event Thursday night.
The Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians held a Cookie Creation event.
WCYB morning anchor Preston Ayres emceed the event, where chefs from restaurants in our region put a new spin on your old favorites. Each delectable dish featured at least one type of Girl Scout cookie.
There were two winners in Thursday's event. In the sweet category, Barberitos took the prize with a Samoa-based quesadilla. In the savory category, Stir Fry Cafe featured a sushi based on the Dolce de Leche cookie.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death