KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Many people have a favorite when it comes to Girl Scout cookies. No matter what your favorite cookie, most likely, you could find an interesting version of it at a Kingsport event Thursday night.
The Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians held a Cookie Creation event.
WCYB morning anchor Preston Ayres emceed the event, where chefs from restaurants in our region put a new spin on your old favorites. Each delectable dish featured at least one type of Girl Scout cookie.
There were two winners in Thursday's event. In the sweet category, Barberitos took the prize with a Samoa-based quesadilla. In the savory category, Stir Fry Cafe featured a sushi based on the Dolce de Leche cookie.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge