KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Board of Education has approved a raise and a four year contract extension to Superintendent Lyle Ailshie. The decision was made after a meeting on Wednesday night. On July 1st, the effective date of this decision, Ailshie's allowances would be up $184,074.
This would make him one of the highest paid in the Northeast Tennessee school system.
- Haslam signs bill reducing costs of wiping criminal records
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday