KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Board of Education has approved a raise and a four year contract extension to Superintendent Lyle Ailshie. The decision was made after a meeting on Wednesday night. On July 1st, the effective date of this decision, Ailshie's allowances would be up $184,074.
This would make him one of the highest paid in the Northeast Tennessee school system.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities