KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Serving those who served us; that was the idea behind a special conference held in Kingsport Thursday.
A conference at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education, hosted by Congressman Phil Roe (R- 1st District, Tennessee) offered a one-stop-shop at a look at the services offered to our local veterans.
Representatives were on hand to help veterans learn more about getting access to benefits like housing, employment, and education, and others.
"These young men and women go down on their own and sign up, and so I think their country owes them something and you can see today we're willing to give it back," said Congressman Roe.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next