KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Serving those who served us; that was the idea behind a special conference held in Kingsport Thursday.
A conference at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education, hosted by Congressman Phil Roe (R- 1st District, Tennessee) offered a one-stop-shop at a look at the services offered to our local veterans.
Representatives were on hand to help veterans learn more about getting access to benefits like housing, employment, and education, and others.
"These young men and women go down on their own and sign up, and so I think their country owes them something and you can see today we're willing to give it back," said Congressman Roe.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting