KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Serving those who served us; that was the idea behind a special conference held in Kingsport Thursday.
A conference at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education, hosted by Congressman Phil Roe (R- 1st District, Tennessee) offered a one-stop-shop at a look at the services offered to our local veterans.
Representatives were on hand to help veterans learn more about getting access to benefits like housing, employment, and education, and others.
"These young men and women go down on their own and sign up, and so I think their country owes them something and you can see today we're willing to give it back," said Congressman Roe.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex