KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Friday former Saint Jude's patients and parents came to Seaver's bakery for a little celebration.
They were celebrating because the community raised more than $2,000 for the children's hospital in Memphis after we aired the story.
We spoke with a minister who pastors a child who was cured of bone cancer at Saint Jude's. "That's how God works he always takes the negative and the bad things in our lives and turns them around to make them positive and give hope, joy, and encouragement to people when they are in a bad situation," said Josh Tompkins.
Last week we reported that someone stole a Saint Jude's donation jar from the Seaver's drive-thru window in Kingsport.
So far no arrests have been made in connection with the theft.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day