KINGSPORT, Tenn. - There's been a change in plans when it comes to who will manage the soon-to-be-opened Kingsport Aquatic Center.
The Kingsport Board of Mayor and Alderman voted Tuesday night to terminate its management agreement with the Greater Kingsport Family YMCA.
City leaders said it's just a money-saving decision and is no reflection on the YMCA's ability to manage.
The city plans to continue its partnership with the YMCA and members will also continue to have access to all the aquatics facilities as part of their membership.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill