KINGSPORT, Tenn. - There's been a change in plans when it comes to who will manage the soon-to-be-opened Kingsport Aquatic Center.
The Kingsport Board of Mayor and Alderman voted Tuesday night to terminate its management agreement with the Greater Kingsport Family YMCA.
City leaders said it's just a money-saving decision and is no reflection on the YMCA's ability to manage.
The city plans to continue its partnership with the YMCA and members will also continue to have access to all the aquatics facilities as part of their membership.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting