KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have an update on seven-year-old Weston Keeton, who got his new lungs and heart in an operation Thursday.
His family says he is 'doing great' and that surgery went better than expected.
Doctors hope he will be breathing on his own with his new lungs Friday night; they say they had never seen a more perfect match.
He'll be in the hospital for six months while he recovers.
Weston, whose family is from Kingsport, had been waiting for the heart and double-lung transplant operation for two years.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial