KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have an update on seven-year-old Weston Keeton, who got his new lungs and heart in an operation Thursday.
His family says he is 'doing great' and that surgery went better than expected.
Doctors hope he will be breathing on his own with his new lungs Friday night; they say they had never seen a more perfect match.
He'll be in the hospital for six months while he recovers.
Weston, whose family is from Kingsport, had been waiting for the heart and double-lung transplant operation for two years.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend