KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have an update on seven-year-old Weston Keeton, who got his new lungs and heart in an operation Thursday.
His family says he is 'doing great' and that surgery went better than expected.
Doctors hope he will be breathing on his own with his new lungs Friday night; they say they had never seen a more perfect match.
He'll be in the hospital for six months while he recovers.
Weston, whose family is from Kingsport, had been waiting for the heart and double-lung transplant operation for two years.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns