KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have an update on seven-year-old Weston Keeton, who got his new lungs and heart in an operation Thursday.
His family says he is 'doing great' and that surgery went better than expected.
Doctors hope he will be breathing on his own with his new lungs Friday night; they say they had never seen a more perfect match.
He'll be in the hospital for six months while he recovers.
Weston, whose family is from Kingsport, had been waiting for the heart and double-lung transplant operation for two years.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations