KINGSPORT, Tenn. - It snowed across the Tri-Cities on Saturday but inside the Meadowview Convention Center, it looked a little bit more like paradise.
Marina representatives and boating fanatics gathered for the Tri-Cities Annual Boat Show.
The three day event lets people take a close-up look at pontoon boats, dock systems and even paddle boards.
For the first time this year, the public also had the chance to take a TWRA boating safety class.
"We cover all of the elements of boating safety," said Gary Millington, of the Tri-Cities Boating Club. "All the parts of the boat, how to handle a boat, dealing with emergencies and most importantly all of the legal requirements people need to be aware of to keep out of trouble on the water."
About 30 people attended the allday class on Saturday.
We're told anyone born after January 1989 has to have a TWRA boating certificate.
The boat show runs until 9:00 p.m. on Saturday and from 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon