KINGSPORT, Tenn. - At the Crazy 8's finish line Saturday night we met a group from Kingsport cheering for two of their family members -- 14-year-old Sarah Shipp and her dad Kevin.
Sarah has low vision and uses braille to read, but that didn't stop her from running the race.
Kevin and Sarah held hands during the entire race. The duo finished the race hand in hand. "Daddy tells me if I'm going to run into something or someone and he gives me instructions like hand, you're going to turn around, someone coming," explains Sarah.
Both Kevin and Sarah say they have plans to continue training and running in future races.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman