KINGSPORT, Tenn. - At the Crazy 8's finish line Saturday night we met a group from Kingsport cheering for two of their family members -- 14-year-old Sarah Shipp and her dad Kevin.
Sarah has low vision and uses braille to read, but that didn't stop her from running the race.
Kevin and Sarah held hands during the entire race. The duo finished the race hand in hand. "Daddy tells me if I'm going to run into something or someone and he gives me instructions like hand, you're going to turn around, someone coming," explains Sarah.
Both Kevin and Sarah say they have plans to continue training and running in future races.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting