KINGSPORT, Tenn. - At the Crazy 8's finish line Saturday night we met a group from Kingsport cheering for two of their family members -- 14-year-old Sarah Shipp and her dad Kevin.
Sarah has low vision and uses braille to read, but that didn't stop her from running the race.
Kevin and Sarah held hands during the entire race. The duo finished the race hand in hand. "Daddy tells me if I'm going to run into something or someone and he gives me instructions like hand, you're going to turn around, someone coming," explains Sarah.
Both Kevin and Sarah say they have plans to continue training and running in future races.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College