KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport residents will soon be able to take a ride down memory lane thanks to the donation of a local businessman.
Pal Barger, founder of Pal's restaurants, announced Wednesday that he is donating the money to construct the building that will house the Kingsport carousel. It will be located beside the farmer's market along Clinchfield Street.
The carousel will include 33 platform animals with 24 hand-painted rounding boards depicting the city up to 1956. The group is halfway through carving and painting of the animals.
We found out the project stills needs a band organ.
The carousel is expected to open next spring.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave