KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport residents will soon be able to take a ride down memory lane thanks to the donation of a local businessman.
Pal Barger, founder of Pal's restaurants, announced Wednesday that he is donating the money to construct the building that will house the Kingsport carousel. It will be located beside the farmer's market along Clinchfield Street.
The carousel will include 33 platform animals with 24 hand-painted rounding boards depicting the city up to 1956. The group is halfway through carving and painting of the animals.
We found out the project stills needs a band organ.
The carousel is expected to open next spring.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court