KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A grand jury has indicted a former assistant band director with the Sullivan County school system on statutory rape charges.
Kingsport Police say Ethan Tate had at least 13 sexual encounters with a 16-year-old girl between September of 2013 and February of this year.
The Sullivan County grand jury indicted Tate on 13 counts of statutory rape by an authority figure.
Tate was arrested Thursday afternoon by Kingsport Police.
Ethan Tate is being held at the Sullivan County jail on a $50-thousand dollar bond.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway