KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A grand jury has indicted a former assistant band director with the Sullivan County school system on statutory rape charges.
Kingsport Police say Ethan Tate had at least 13 sexual encounters with a 16-year-old girl between September of 2013 and February of this year.
The Sullivan County grand jury indicted Tate on 13 counts of statutory rape by an authority figure.
Tate was arrested Thursday afternoon by Kingsport Police.
Ethan Tate is being held at the Sullivan County jail on a $50-thousand dollar bond.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction