KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A grand jury has indicted a former assistant band director with the Sullivan County school system on statutory rape charges.
Kingsport Police say Ethan Tate had at least 13 sexual encounters with a 16-year-old girl between September of 2013 and February of this year.
The Sullivan County grand jury indicted Tate on 13 counts of statutory rape by an authority figure.
Tate was arrested Thursday afternoon by Kingsport Police.
Ethan Tate is being held at the Sullivan County jail on a $50-thousand dollar bond.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- New Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Updated Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace