KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A grand jury has indicted a former assistant band director with the Sullivan County school system on statutory rape charges.
Kingsport Police say Ethan Tate had at least 13 sexual encounters with a 16-year-old girl between September of 2013 and February of this year.
The Sullivan County grand jury indicted Tate on 13 counts of statutory rape by an authority figure.
Tate was arrested Thursday afternoon by Kingsport Police.
Ethan Tate is being held at the Sullivan County jail on a $50-thousand dollar bond.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave