KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is facing murder charges in connection to a woman's death just over two years ago.
Officers arrested 42-year-old Jonathan Lynn Slemp yesterday.
He is charged with first degree murder and felony murder after 65-year-old Betty Sue Short was found beaten to death in her home.
It happened at her home on Barnett Avenue in October 2011.
News 5 WCYB's Angela Yingling is following the developments and will have more information today at noon.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81