KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is facing murder charges in connection to a woman's death just over two years ago.
Officers arrested 42-year-old Jonathan Lynn Slemp yesterday.
He is charged with first degree murder and felony murder after 65-year-old Betty Sue Short was found beaten to death in her home.
It happened at her home on Barnett Avenue in October 2011.
News 5 WCYB's Angela Yingling is following the developments and will have more information today at noon.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next