KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is facing murder charges in connection to a woman's death just over two years ago.
Officers arrested 42-year-old Jonathan Lynn Slemp yesterday.
He is charged with first degree murder and felony murder after 65-year-old Betty Sue Short was found beaten to death in her home.
It happened at her home on Barnett Avenue in October 2011.
News 5 WCYB's Angela Yingling is following the developments and will have more information today at noon.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals