KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will make an announcement Wednesday concerning a two-year-old murder case in the city.
Police say an arrest has been made in the investigation into the 2011 homicide of 65-year-old Betty Sue Short, whom police say was beaten to death in her Barnett Avenue apartment in October 2011.
Police say an arrest was made Tuesday afternoon in the case. They will release more details about the arrest, and the suspect, during a news conference at ten o'clock Wednesday morning.
We will have the latest facts on News 5 WCYB at noon.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport