KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will make an announcement Wednesday concerning a two-year-old murder case in the city.
Police say an arrest has been made in the investigation into the 2011 homicide of 65-year-old Betty Sue Short, whom police say was beaten to death in her Barnett Avenue apartment in October 2011.
Police say an arrest was made Tuesday afternoon in the case. They will release more details about the arrest, and the suspect, during a news conference at ten o'clock Wednesday morning.
We will have the latest facts on News 5 WCYB at noon.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane