KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will make an announcement Wednesday concerning a two-year-old murder case in the city.
Police say an arrest has been made in the investigation into the 2011 homicide of 65-year-old Betty Sue Short, whom police say was beaten to death in her Barnett Avenue apartment in October 2011.
Police say an arrest was made Tuesday afternoon in the case. They will release more details about the arrest, and the suspect, during a news conference at ten o'clock Wednesday morning.
We will have the latest facts on News 5 WCYB at noon.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record