KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will make an announcement Wednesday concerning a two-year-old murder case in the city.
Police say an arrest has been made in the investigation into the 2011 homicide of 65-year-old Betty Sue Short, whom police say was beaten to death in her Barnett Avenue apartment in October 2011.
Police say an arrest was made Tuesday afternoon in the case. They will release more details about the arrest, and the suspect, during a news conference at ten o'clock Wednesday morning.
We will have the latest facts on News 5 WCYB at noon.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest