KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Skype conversation between a Kingsport couple and their daughter ended with an emergency trip to the hospital.
Kingsport Police tell News 5 that Tammy and Billy Oaks were Skyping with their daughter, when the handgun Tammy Oaks was showing went off, hitting her husband Billy in his upper right thigh.
Tammy said she was trying to show their daughter the laser sight on the gun when it fired.
Billy Oaks was taken to the hospital.
No charges have been filed, but the Kingsport Police Department is still looking into the accident.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school