KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Skype conversation between a Kingsport couple and their daughter ended with an emergency trip to the hospital.
Kingsport Police tell News 5 that Tammy and Billy Oaks were Skyping with their daughter, when the handgun Tammy Oaks was showing went off, hitting her husband Billy in his upper right thigh.
Tammy said she was trying to show their daughter the laser sight on the gun when it fired.
Billy Oaks was taken to the hospital.
No charges have been filed, but the Kingsport Police Department is still looking into the accident.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon