KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Fun Fest lovers are getting to sample some unique flavors this week with a new twist to an old favorite. This is the 3-rd year for fans to enjoy a Taste of the Tri-Cities, but this year it has expanded to accept food vendors from around the region.
The Taste got underway today at 4 p.m. and runs until 9 tonight, with an opening of 3:00 on Saturday.
This year they will be looking to do a Best of Show which will be looking at the decorations of the actual sites themselves and will be judged tonight.
Also new, the Bank of Tennessee has brought in mobile ATM's right in the middle of all the action to give you easy access to cash. Craig Denison, Market President for the bank tells us, "We've got eighteen great food vendors down here that are here to serve everybody from everything from South American to Japanese, Chinese, to great American food and four or five that can satisfy any sweet tooth that is out there."
Saturday, during the balloon festivities, five of the vendors will be open for breakfast.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin