KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Finding a parking spot at Kingsport's new aquatic center may soon get a little easier.
We've learned the Kingsport Board of Mayor and Aldermen approved the extension of a construction contract to build an additional 70 parking spaces at the brand new facility.
We're told it will cost the city about $160,000, and these spots will come quickly.
Kingsport officials told us work is set to begin Monday and should be finished by July 4.
These parking problems were revealed after the aquatic center's immediate popularity once it opened Memorial Day weekend.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend