KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Finding a parking spot at Kingsport's new aquatic center may soon get a little easier.
We've learned the Kingsport Board of Mayor and Aldermen approved the extension of a construction contract to build an additional 70 parking spaces at the brand new facility.
We're told it will cost the city about $160,000, and these spots will come quickly.
Kingsport officials told us work is set to begin Monday and should be finished by July 4.
These parking problems were revealed after the aquatic center's immediate popularity once it opened Memorial Day weekend.
- Updated Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween
- Updated Kids given farm lessons at "Ag in the Classroom"
- New Animal Shelter Thrift Store in Johnson City closing in Dec