The 6th annual Racks by the Tracks kicks off Saturday in Kingsport.
Setup begins Friday evening. The street was shutdown at 4 p.m. Friday, from Sullivan to Clinchfield. It remains closed until midnight on Saturday.
In light of the festival, the farmers market will be temporarily moving for the day. It will now be located in the vacant lot at the corner of Sullivan and Clinchfield.
Last year's festival brought a crowd of nearly 10,000 and the city anticipates an even bigger turnout Saturday.
"This is the second year at the farmers market. It was on Main Street and it keeps growing to the point that it has to have more space," says Dennis Phillips, Mayor of Kingsport. "It's a perfect situation where people cooperate. The farmers move one time a year and it helps the rack people to set up, because they have to start cooking at 6 p.m. on Friday."
To see specific times and additional information on the festival, visit http://www.racksbythetracks.com/.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program