KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The State Supreme Court has upheld the conviction against a former Kingsport priest, Warren Sullivan county district attorney, Barry Staubus told News 5 that he received word today, Monday June 23rd, that the 2011 conviction of William Casey's appeal was denied.
A judge sentenced Casey to more than 30 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of sexual misconduct and rape of Warren Tucker.
Tucker says, Casey abused him for five years beginning in 1975 when he was an altar boy at St. Dominic's Catholic Church in Kingsport.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial