KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The State Supreme Court has upheld the conviction against a former Kingsport priest, Warren Sullivan county district attorney, Barry Staubus told News 5 that he received word today, Monday June 23rd, that the 2011 conviction of William Casey's appeal was denied.
A judge sentenced Casey to more than 30 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of sexual misconduct and rape of Warren Tucker.
Tucker says, Casey abused him for five years beginning in 1975 when he was an altar boy at St. Dominic's Catholic Church in Kingsport.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike