KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The State Supreme Court has upheld the conviction against a former Kingsport priest, Warren Sullivan county district attorney, Barry Staubus told News 5 that he received word today, Monday June 23rd, that the 2011 conviction of William Casey's appeal was denied.
A judge sentenced Casey to more than 30 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of sexual misconduct and rape of Warren Tucker.
Tucker says, Casey abused him for five years beginning in 1975 when he was an altar boy at St. Dominic's Catholic Church in Kingsport.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash