KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The State Supreme Court has upheld the conviction against a former Kingsport priest, Warren Sullivan county district attorney, Barry Staubus told News 5 that he received word today, Monday June 23rd, that the 2011 conviction of William Casey's appeal was denied.
A judge sentenced Casey to more than 30 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of sexual misconduct and rape of Warren Tucker.
Tucker says, Casey abused him for five years beginning in 1975 when he was an altar boy at St. Dominic's Catholic Church in Kingsport.
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County
- Deer feeding prohibited in Virginia starting September 1
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway