MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - Investigators have arrested a woman they say is connected to a Johnson County double murder.
We've just learned a grand jury is charging Barbara Mae Potter with one count of tampering with evidence. The arrest is connected to the double murder of Billie Jean Hayworth and Billy Clay Payne that happened back in January 2012.
Authorities have said the murders stemmed from a conversation that took place on Facebook.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash