MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - Investigators have arrested a woman they say is connected to a Johnson County double murder.
We've just learned a grand jury is charging Barbara Mae Potter with one count of tampering with evidence. The arrest is connected to the double murder of Billie Jean Hayworth and Billy Clay Payne that happened back in January 2012.
Authorities have said the murders stemmed from a conversation that took place on Facebook.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death