MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - Investigators have arrested a woman they say is connected to a Johnson County double murder.
We've just learned a grand jury is charging Barbara Mae Potter with one count of tampering with evidence. The arrest is connected to the double murder of Billie Jean Hayworth and Billy Clay Payne that happened back in January 2012.
Authorities have said the murders stemmed from a conversation that took place on Facebook.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting