MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - Two Johnson County men have been indicted on first degree murder and felony murder charges by a Mountain City grand jury.
Jamie Curd and Marvin Potter were indicted Tuesday. They're accused of killing Billy Payne, Jr. and Billie Jean Hayworth back in January 2012 at a home in the Doe Valley community.
Johnson County authorities say a controversy between the couple and Potters' daughter began when they de-friended her from the website Facebook.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting