JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - The Johnson County Sheriff's Office arrests a third suspect they believe helped a man on the TBI's Top 10 Most Wanted List run from authorities.
We're continuing to learn more details about the investigation of shooting suspect Richard Shane Mabe. Click here to read more about his arrest.
Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece tells us investigators recently arrested Daniel Winters on Accessory After the Fact charges.
Sheriff Reece says Winters owns the car police were initially chasing on Highway 91 earlier this month. "From what we can gather in the investigation, he furnished them this vehicle so that's why he got involved. He knew Mabe was wanted by the authorities and he facilitated in a way to get away from us," said Sheriff Reece.
We've learned Winters has bonded out of jail.
Sheriff Reece also tells us investigators are still working on why Mabe ran and where he was staying while hiding from authorities.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next