JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Two men officers believe were involved in a shooting and carjacking in Johnson County made their first court appearances Wednesday.
Richard Shane Mabe, who was the subject of an intense manhunt accused of shooting two people, also faces charges for a chase involving police. Mabe is charged with the four counts of attempted first degree murder of a police officer and attempted second degree murder in the shooting of two people.
He also faces several charges surrounding the two incidents.
Charges against Timothy Lee Greer include four counts of attempted first degree murder of a police officer and other offenses.
Both men were appointed public defenders and will be back in court on July 31.
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom