JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. -
The Northeast Correctional Complex remains on lockdown Tuesday.
Robert Reburn with the Tennessee Department of Correction told News 5 the lockdown started Saturday following a fight between inmates in a recreation yard.
The initial fight resulted to retaliation in two of the housing units.
The lockdown will remain in effect until the investigation into the fight is complete.
Officers had the situation under control in about 10 minutes, but one inmate had a broken nose. No officers were hurt.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next