JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. -
The Northeast Correctional Complex remains on lockdown Tuesday.
Robert Reburn with the Tennessee Department of Correction told News 5 the lockdown started Saturday following a fight between inmates in a recreation yard.
The initial fight resulted to retaliation in two of the housing units.
The lockdown will remain in effect until the investigation into the fight is complete.
Officers had the situation under control in about 10 minutes, but one inmate had a broken nose. No officers were hurt.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex