JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. -
The Northeast Correctional Complex remains on lockdown Tuesday.
Robert Reburn with the Tennessee Department of Correction told News 5 the lockdown started Saturday following a fight between inmates in a recreation yard.
The initial fight resulted to retaliation in two of the housing units.
The lockdown will remain in effect until the investigation into the fight is complete.
Officers had the situation under control in about 10 minutes, but one inmate had a broken nose. No officers were hurt.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program