JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Johnson County, Tennessee authorities continue to search for a motive in a weekend shooting.
One victim is in the hospital with two gunshots. Authorities tell us the suspect is dead. Sheriff Mike Reece believes she murdered her six-year-old daughter before she turned the gun on herself.
This all began in a standoff Saturday night where Johnson County deputies answered the call about a domestic shooting on McEwen Road. Click here to read more.
Authorities say Heather Finley Buchanan shot Terry Mark Johnson in the stomach and hand. He was taken to the hospital. There was no word from authorities on what his condition was Monday.
Twelve hours after that call, another came into dispatch from a neighbor.
Sunday morning, authorities found Buchanan and her daughter, Alexis Renea Buchanan, both dead, both with gunshot wounds to the head.
Sheriff Reece says Buchanan also fired at a deputy. That deputy was not injured.
- Updated US internet disrupted as key firm gets hit by cyberattack
- Updated Pulse Nightclub gates open for unveiling of new memorial
- Early Friday fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.