There's a new development in the dispute over the bearded army psychiatrist charged in the Fort Hood shooting rampage.
The Military Appeals Court wants to hear oral arguments before deciding if Major Nidal Hasan can be forced to shave his beard before his murder trial.
Hasan is Muslim and his faith requires him to have it. But, the army has a ban on beards.
Hasan is accused of killing 13-people at Ford Hood in 2009. Among those gunned down was Specialist Fred Greene from Johnson County, Tennessee.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire