JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Johnson County man pleaded guilty to the 2010 shooting of a woman on September 24.
Michael Allen pled guilty to second degree murder on Monday.
He was charged in the April 2010 shooting death of Sandra Moffitt. Allen was charged with first degree murder after Sandra Moffitt was found shot in the head in a garage outside Mountain City.
Allen confessed to the shooting in June 2010 but said it was an accident.
Sheriff Mike Reece tells us Allen was sentenced to 24 years in prison.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend