JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Johnson County man pleaded guilty to the 2010 shooting of a woman on September 24.
Michael Allen pled guilty to second degree murder on Monday.
He was charged in the April 2010 shooting death of Sandra Moffitt. Allen was charged with first degree murder after Sandra Moffitt was found shot in the head in a garage outside Mountain City.
Allen confessed to the shooting in June 2010 but said it was an accident.
Sheriff Mike Reece tells us Allen was sentenced to 24 years in prison.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death