JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Johnson County man pleaded guilty to the 2010 shooting of a woman on September 24.
Michael Allen pled guilty to second degree murder on Monday.
He was charged in the April 2010 shooting death of Sandra Moffitt. Allen was charged with first degree murder after Sandra Moffitt was found shot in the head in a garage outside Mountain City.
Allen confessed to the shooting in June 2010 but said it was an accident.
Sheriff Mike Reece tells us Allen was sentenced to 24 years in prison.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court