JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Johnson County man pleaded guilty to the 2010 shooting of a woman on September 24.
Michael Allen pled guilty to second degree murder on Monday.
He was charged in the April 2010 shooting death of Sandra Moffitt. Allen was charged with first degree murder after Sandra Moffitt was found shot in the head in a garage outside Mountain City.
Allen confessed to the shooting in June 2010 but said it was an accident.
Sheriff Mike Reece tells us Allen was sentenced to 24 years in prison.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game