JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Authorities in Johnson County are still looking for an escaped prisoner after police say he walked away from work detail on Tuesday.
Local law enforcement and the Tennessee Department of Corrections Office of Investigations are now searching for Grady Edwards. Police say Edwards is a non-violent offender.
We've learned he would have been eligible for parole next year.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting