JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - After flames consumed their fire hall, the Second District Station Volunteer Fire Department in Johnson County is working hard to rebuild what's been lost.
Representatives from the fire department say they received around $125,000 from the insurance company, but we're told the money isn't enough to cover all of the costs.
We're told the new fire hall is about 80 percent complete with a little work to be done inside and outside of the facility, but work continues to get it opened soon. "We're hoping by the end of spring, hopefully. If everything goes good," said Fire Chief James Brown.
Brown says they're hoping more people will step in to help finish the fire hall.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon