JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Fire crews spent Tuesday evening battling a blaze they believe was started by a transformer.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Department said the fire burned more than five acres along Highway 421.
Several surrounding fire departments responded to help along with the Tennessee and North Carolina Forestry Departments.
Two families were evacuated because of the fire.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend