JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Fire crews spent Tuesday evening battling a blaze they believe was started by a transformer.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Department said the fire burned more than five acres along Highway 421.
Several surrounding fire departments responded to help along with the Tennessee and North Carolina Forestry Departments.
Two families were evacuated because of the fire.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial