JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Fire crews spent Tuesday evening battling a blaze they believe was started by a transformer.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Department said the fire burned more than five acres along Highway 421.
Several surrounding fire departments responded to help along with the Tennessee and North Carolina Forestry Departments.
Two families were evacuated because of the fire.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City