JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Fire crews spent Tuesday evening battling a blaze they believe was started by a transformer.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Department said the fire burned more than five acres along Highway 421.
Several surrounding fire departments responded to help along with the Tennessee and North Carolina Forestry Departments.
Two families were evacuated because of the fire.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue