JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Fire crews spent Tuesday evening battling a blaze they believe was started by a transformer.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Department said the fire burned more than five acres along Highway 421.
Several surrounding fire departments responded to help along with the Tennessee and North Carolina Forestry Departments.
Two families were evacuated because of the fire.
- New Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Updated Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- New Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Elizabethton police looking for credit card thieves
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley