JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece says thousands of dollars of damage was done in the county jail after a fire.
Reece says charges are pending and believe the incident began last weekend and led to the fire Tuesday afternoon. He says they had to evacuate the jail as a precaution.
Reece says more than one inmate was involved.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities