JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece says thousands of dollars of damage was done in the county jail after a fire.
Reece says charges are pending and believe the incident began last weekend and led to the fire Tuesday afternoon. He says they had to evacuate the jail as a precaution.
Reece says more than one inmate was involved.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge