JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece says thousands of dollars of damage was done in the county jail after a fire.
Reece says charges are pending and believe the incident began last weekend and led to the fire Tuesday afternoon. He says they had to evacuate the jail as a precaution.
Reece says more than one inmate was involved.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone