JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece says thousands of dollars of damage was done in the county jail after a fire.
Reece says charges are pending and believe the incident began last weekend and led to the fire Tuesday afternoon. He says they had to evacuate the jail as a precaution.
Reece says more than one inmate was involved.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets