JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Rain swept through the region Friday night into Saturday morning, causing flooding and forcing some evacuations.
At least one family had to be evacuated because of high water in the Doe Valley community.
The rainfall also caused some road problems. We've learned Stagecoach Loop and McElyea Road were washed out.
Several other roads in Johnson County were blocked Saturday morning because of large rocks that were washed onto the roadway.
The StormTrack 5 weather station at Johnson County Middle School reported about 3.5" inches of rain Saturday morning.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City