JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Rain swept through the region Friday night into Saturday morning, causing flooding and forcing some evacuations.
At least one family had to be evacuated because of high water in the Doe Valley community.
The rainfall also caused some road problems. We've learned Stagecoach Loop and McElyea Road were washed out.
Several other roads in Johnson County were blocked Saturday morning because of large rocks that were washed onto the roadway.
The StormTrack 5 weather station at Johnson County Middle School reported about 3.5" inches of rain Saturday morning.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin