MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - Funeral arrangements have been made for a six-year-old child killed in a weekend shooting in Johnson County, Tennessee.
Vicky Lewis, the girl's grandmother, says Alexis Buchanan's services are set for 6 p.m. on Sunday at Mountain City Funeral Home. Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, September 30 at the Buchanan Cemetery.
Johnson County authorities say Alexis's mother, Heather Finely Buchanan, fatally shot the girl before turning the gun on herself.
Investigators say Buchanan shot her boyfriend last Saturday, which led to a standoff before the apparent murder-suicide.
Buchanan's boyfriend was expected to recover.
Lewis says there will be a separate service for Heather Buchanan.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson