MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - Funeral arrangements have been made for a six-year-old child killed in a weekend shooting in Johnson County, Tennessee.
Vicky Lewis, the girl's grandmother, says Alexis Buchanan's services are set for 6 p.m. on Sunday at Mountain City Funeral Home. Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, September 30 at the Buchanan Cemetery.
Johnson County authorities say Alexis's mother, Heather Finely Buchanan, fatally shot the girl before turning the gun on herself.
Investigators say Buchanan shot her boyfriend last Saturday, which led to a standoff before the apparent murder-suicide.
Buchanan's boyfriend was expected to recover.
Lewis says there will be a separate service for Heather Buchanan.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin