MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - Funeral arrangements have been made for a six-year-old child killed in a weekend shooting in Johnson County, Tennessee.
Vicky Lewis, the girl's grandmother, says Alexis Buchanan's services are set for 6 p.m. on Sunday at Mountain City Funeral Home. Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, September 30 at the Buchanan Cemetery.
Johnson County authorities say Alexis's mother, Heather Finely Buchanan, fatally shot the girl before turning the gun on herself.
Investigators say Buchanan shot her boyfriend last Saturday, which led to a standoff before the apparent murder-suicide.
Buchanan's boyfriend was expected to recover.
Lewis says there will be a separate service for Heather Buchanan.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman