MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - We have new facts after police say two men were involved in a chase and shootout with local law enforcement.
On June 13, Johnson County authorities were searching for Richard Shane Mabe (pictured above). Another man, Timothy Lee Greer, was also arrested after authorities say several shots were fired. Click here to read more.
We're told both men had their cases bound over to the grand jury on Thursday. Court officials tell News 5 Mabe waived his charges, which include four counts of attempted first degree murder of a police officer, to the grand jury.
Greer, who is also facing charges in the same incident, waived a number of charges to the same grand jury but is waiting a decision on the four counts of attempted first degree murder of a police officer placed against him. Click here to see photos of the chase and shootout.
We're told Mabe will be back court on August 28 to face charges of attempted second degree murder and other charges in another shooting incident that left two men wounded.
- Updated Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development