MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - We have new facts after police say two men were involved in a chase and shootout with local law enforcement.
On June 13, Johnson County authorities were searching for Richard Shane Mabe (pictured above). Another man, Timothy Lee Greer, was also arrested after authorities say several shots were fired. Click here to read more.
We're told both men had their cases bound over to the grand jury on Thursday. Court officials tell News 5 Mabe waived his charges, which include four counts of attempted first degree murder of a police officer, to the grand jury.
Greer, who is also facing charges in the same incident, waived a number of charges to the same grand jury but is waiting a decision on the four counts of attempted first degree murder of a police officer placed against him. Click here to see photos of the chase and shootout.
We're told Mabe will be back court on August 28 to face charges of attempted second degree murder and other charges in another shooting incident that left two men wounded.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend