JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 4/2/2014: The car in the lake was found to belong to a missing 81-year-old woman from Greene County on Wednesday. Click here for more details.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating a body found in Johnson County, Tenn.
Investigators say the body was found in a vehicle that was in the Watauga Lake section of the county.
The vehicle was pulled from the lake Monday. The cause of death is unknown as of Tuesday morning.
The victim has not yet been identified.
The medical examiner will do an autopsy while the investigation continues.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody