JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 4/2/2014: The car in the lake was found to belong to a missing 81-year-old woman from Greene County on Wednesday. Click here for more details.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating a body found in Johnson County, Tenn.
Investigators say the body was found in a vehicle that was in the Watauga Lake section of the county.
The vehicle was pulled from the lake Monday. The cause of death is unknown as of Tuesday morning.
The victim has not yet been identified.
The medical examiner will do an autopsy while the investigation continues.
- Updated Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Updated Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal