JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 4/2/2014: The car in the lake was found to belong to a missing 81-year-old woman from Greene County on Wednesday. Click here for more details.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating a body found in Johnson County, Tenn.
Investigators say the body was found in a vehicle that was in the Watauga Lake section of the county.
The vehicle was pulled from the lake Monday. The cause of death is unknown as of Tuesday morning.
The victim has not yet been identified.
The medical examiner will do an autopsy while the investigation continues.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport